Your Georgetown Hoyas had another “secret scrimmage” and their opponent, the Pittsburgh Panthers, released a two-minute highlight video that painted Ed Cooley’s team in a less-than-kind light regarding defense and turnovers.
Don’t tell anyone, but we had a scrimmage today pic.twitter.com/nz5k5mvVij— Pitt Basketball (@Pitt_MBB) October 21, 2023
The neutral-site scrimmage appears to be held at Allegany College of Maryland—about halfway between the two former conference rivals.
While, last week, fans overreacted to reports about Jayden Epps scoring 40+ points against Wake Forest, this weekend the overreactions might take a darker tone focusing on frontcourt depth and roster philosophies.
If Massoud was out during game, then Hoyas had 0 frontcourt depth to compete with Pitt inside. https://t.co/ciscM2Y7LB— Tristan Freeman (@hoopsnut351) October 21, 2023
Here are some immediate thoughts after viewing those lowlights for the Blue and Gray:
- Are we sure Patrick Ewing isn’t still coaching the defense?
- Let’s hope everyone is healthy.
- They know they don’t have to play to their KenPom rankings, right?
- Would this video look different if Akok Akok had not transferred out so late in the summer?
- Allowing Pitt to release highlights kind of makes me momentarily yearn for the days of Kremlin-like lock-down on news.
#Pitt beat Georgetown 78-64 in a scrimmage today.— George Michalowski (@MichalowskiCBB) October 21, 2023
Leggett: 20 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists.
Carrington: 16 points, 3 rebounds, 5 assists.
Check out the story below for info on 3 more Pitt players and 2 team stats.
READ: https://t.co/ethjG4EEnD pic.twitter.com/yDj4KeNfu0
In the end, all news is good news. Perhaps we’ll hear some updates at BIG EAST Media Day on Tuesday.
Let’s see how these last few weeks evolve as the season approaches.