UPDATE: The game is moved again ... to a Thursday!
Four days into 2022 and we have even more news for Patrick Ewing and the Georgetown Hoyas as three of the four games that were previously canceled will be rescheduled. Now, St. John’s will visit the world-famous McDonough Arena on Monday, February 21st, 2022 at 7 p.m.
Georgetown vs. St. John’s in MCDONOUGH.— Casual Hoya (@CasualHoya) January 4, 2022
Monday, February 21, 7 p.m.
ANNOUNCEMENT | BIG EAST Announces Rescheduled Georgetown vs. St. John’s MBB Game— Georgetown Hoops (@GeorgetownHoops) January 4, 2022
Georgetown vs. St. John's
Monday, February 21
7 p.m. ET
Ticket details will be announced in February.#HOYASAXA https://t.co/4usqgLHoJS
Apparently, Capital One Arena has other plans for that Monday evening. No telling if Mickey and Elsa will be wearing Kente.
Georgetown's makeup game with St. John's will be played at McDonough Gym on Feb 21st at 7pm.— Bobby Bancroft (@BobbyBancroft) January 4, 2022
Disney on Ice is using Capital One Arena that day.
Game was originally schedule for NYD.
Tickets will be available making it the 1st Big East game with fans at McDonough since 1984
The other day, we learned that the game up in Providence will be January 20 at 5PM while the meeting with Creighton out at Omaha will be on February 14 at 9PM. The Xavier home game is the remaining one to reschedule.
Georgetown’s schedule, with at least 19 games (fingers crossed), currently looks like this:
- January 7, 2022 (Friday) 6:30 p.m. Home Marquette Capital One Arena
- January 13, 2022 (Thursday) 7 p.m. Home Butler Capital One Arena
- January 16, 2022 (Sunday) Noon or 4:30 p.m. Away St. John’s New York, N.Y.
- January 20, 2022 (Thursday) 5 p.m. Away Providence College Providence, RI
- January 22, 2022 (Saturday) Noon Home Villanova Capital One Arena
- January 25, 2022 (Tuesday) 8:30 p.m. Away Connecticut Storrs, Conn.
- January 29, 2022 (Saturday) Noon Away Butler Indianapolis, Ind.
- February 1, 2022 (Tuesday) 8:30 p.m. Home Seton Hall Capital One Arena
- February 6, 2022 (Sunday) Noon Home Providence Capital One Arena
- February 9, 2022 (Wednesday) 9 p.m. Away DePaul Chicago, Ill.
- February 12, 2022 (Saturday) Noon Home Creighton Capital One Arena
- February 14, 2022 (Monday) 9 p.m. Away Creighton University Omaha, Neb.
- February 16, 2022 (Wednesday) 8 p.m. Away Marquette Milwaukee, Wis.
- February 19, 2022 (Saturday) 5 p.m. Away Villanova Villanova, Pa.
- February 21, 2022 (Monday) 7 p.m. Home St. John’s McDonough
- February 24, 2022 (Thursday) 8 p.m. Home DePaul Capital One Arena
- February 27, 2022 (Sunday) Noon Home Connecticut Capital One Arena
- March 2, 2022 (Wednesday) 7 p.m. Away Seton Hall Newark, N.J.
- March 5, 2022 (Saturday) TBD Away Xavier Cincinnati, Ohio
The BIG EAST has announced three rescheduled #BIGEASThoops games. @UConnMBB at @XavierMBB - February 11, 7 p.m. ET, FS1— BIG EAST MBB (@BIGEASTMBB) January 4, 2022
@ButlerMBB at @StJohnsBBall (Carnesecca) - February 18, 5 p.m. ET, CBSSN
St. John's at @GeorgetownHoops (McDonough) - February 21, 7 p.m. ET, FS1 pic.twitter.com/24EkAo2kXF
The BIG EAST Conference has been trying to reschedule games in chronological order for each team, so there is still plenty of optimism that the home game against Xavier will be rescheduled, as well.
The question will be, when will they be rescheduled and how might the inevitable short rest affect Georgetown and their BIG EAST foes down the stretch.
Georgetown up to 10 games in February with this makeup thrown into the mix.— Patrick Stevens (@D1scourse) January 4, 2022
Hoyas will play Saturday/Monday/Thursday/Sunday from the 19th to the 27th. https://t.co/GfMMCEwqfI
We’ve already discussed that a potential disadvantage of the rescheduling is that Georgetown will now face Creighton in back-to-back home and away games on Saturday, February 12th (D.C.) and Monday, 14th (Omaha).
Now, the biggest gap of days (5) between games comes February 1-6 between home games against Seton Hall and Providence. There is a 4 day stretch between visiting UConn on January 25 and visitng Butler on January 29, but squeezing a game there seems unlikely.
Press release from GU Hoyas:
BIG EAST Announces Rescheduled Georgetown vs. St. John’s MBB Game
WASHINGTON – The BIG EAST Conference has announced the rescheduling of the Georgetown vs. St. John’s men’s basketball game. The game could not be played on the original date due to COVID-19 issues.
Georgetown vs. St. John’s – Monday, February 21, 7 p.m. ET, TV: FS1
(originally scheduled on January 1)
Ticket details will be announced in February.
Georgetown is having a media availability tomorrow.— Bobby Bancroft (@BobbyBancroft) January 4, 2022
That would seem like a good sign ahead of Friday's scheduled game with Marquette.
Hoyas (6-5) last played on Dec 18, having four games postponed.