Your Fighting Hoyas of Georgetown travel to Indiana to take on the Bulldogs of Butler at Hinkle Fieldhouse.
Preview from GU Hoyas:
Georgetown Travels to No. 19/20 Butler Saturday
WASHINGTON – The Georgetown University men’s basketball team returns to action on Saturday afternoon, traveling to Indianapolis for a matchup against No. 19/20 Butler. Tipoff at Hinkle Fieldhouse is scheduled for 2:30 p.m. ET. The Blue & Gray comes in with a 14-10 record on the year and 4-7 mark in the BIG EAST.
- Saturday’s game will be broadcast on FOX with Tim Brando calling the play-by-play, Donny Marshall providing analysis and Andy Katz reporting from the sidelines.
- The game can be heard locally on The Team 980 with Rich Chvotkin in his 46th season on the call.
- Links to the live stats will be available at GUHoyas.com.
LAST TIME OUT
- Georgetown overcame an 11-point first half deficit to rally for a 76-72 victory over DePaul on Saturday afternoon at Capital One Arena.
- Jahvon Blair set a career high in points for the second time in three games, pouring in 30 points while hitting 11-of-18 shots. He played the entire 40 minutes for the third-consecutive game.
- Omer Yurtseven finished with 16 points and tied with Qudus Wahab for the team lead with eight rebounds. Wahab finished with a career-high six blocks, a season high for the Hoyas.
- Terrell Allen was also in double figures with 12 points and led the way with nine assists. He added three steals on the defensive end.
- The Hoyas shot 44.8 (26-58) percent from the floor, including a 54.2 (13-24) percent clip in the second half.
- On the defensive end, Georgetown forced 15 turnovers with eight steals, while also blocking eight blocks.
ABOUT THE HOYAS
- Mac McClung leads the Blue & Gray in scoring at 16.4 ppg, which is tied for third in the BIG EAST. Yurtseven is right behind him with 16.3 ppg and is averaging a double-double with a team-high 10.1 rpg, good for third in the conference.
- The Hoyas lead the BIG EAST, and rank 26th nationally, with 15.7 assists per game. Allen is sixth in the conference with 4.2 apg while Jagan Mosely is eighth with 3.6 apg.
- Blair is currently 16th on GU’s all-time list with 124 career 3-pointers and is just three away from tying Chris Wright (127) for 15th. Mosely has 319 career assists, which is tied with Jeff Green for 15th all-time at Georgetown.
- Butler enters Saturday with an 19-6 record and a 7-5 mark in BIG EAST play after a 66-61 win over Xavier on Wednesday.
- The Bulldogs average 68.8 ppg while allowing just 61.2 ppg, which leads the BIG EAST.
- Kamar Baldwin leads Butler with 16.1 ppg, which is seventh in the conference. Sean McDermott is also in double figures at 11.9 ppg.
- Aaron Thompson leads the team with 5.0 apg, while Bryce Nze is averaging 6.4 rpg.
ABOUT THE MATCHUP
- Saturday will be the 16th all-time meeting between the two teams with all but one coming since Butler joined the BIG EAST prior to the 2013-14 season. Georgetown holds an 8-7 advantage in the series.
- In last month’s matchup at Capital One Arena, the game was tied late, but Butler hit free throws down the stretch to come away with the 69-64 win.
- Yurtseven led the Hoyas with 14 points and a game-best 13 rebounds for his 11th double-double of the season.
- McClung finished with 12 points, while Mosely and Wahab chipped in 11 and 10 points, respectively.
- Patrick Ewing is 2-3 in his coaching career against the Bulldogs.
Leave your in-game comments here!