Your Fighting Hoyas of Georgetown host the Coppin State Eagles at the world famous McDonough Arena!
Game 4: Coppin State Eagles (0-3) at Georgetown Hoyas (1-2)
When: Tuesday, 7PM
Where: McDonough Arena
Series: Georgetown leads 2-0.
Last meetings: 2017-18, Hoyas won 76-60
TV: FS1 (Eric Collins and Bill Raftery)
Radio: Team980 (Rich Chvotkin, 47th season)
Other Coverage: Links
KenPom Ranking: Georgetown 97, Coppin State 331
KenPom Projection: 83-64 Georgetown, 96%
Line: Georgetown -19.5; o/u 151.5
Bobby’s Keys to Watch:
- Rookie Rotations: Do freshmen Kobe Clark and Jamari Sibley play in the last scheduled game where Georgetown is guaranteed to be favored or does Patrick Ewing still give Jahvon Blair and Jamorko Pickett 35 minutes apiece?
- Future coach on the sideline? It’s worth monitoring new Coppin State Assistant Coach Kevin Braswell from afar as a potential candidate on a future Georgetown staff. Braswell has been an assistant and head coach in New Zealand following his playing days.
Game Preview: From GUHoyas.
WASHINGTON – The Georgetown University men’s basketball team will host Coppin State on Tuesday night in a nonconference game at McDonough Arena. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m.
GAME DAY INFORMATION
- Tuesday’s game can be seen live on FS1 with Eric Collins calling the play-by-play and Bill Raftery providing analysis.
- The game can be heard locally on The Team 980 as well as SiriusXM 383 and Radio.com with Rich Chvotkin in his 47th season on the call.
- Links to the live stats will be available at GUHoyas.com.
ABOUT THE HOYAS
- The Hoyas look to get back in the win column as they play their fourth-straight home game at McDonough Arena on Tuesday night against Coppin State.
- Through three games, Jahvon Blair leads the Hoyas in scoring with 19.7 ppg, while Jamorko Pickett is averaging 12.7 ppg and pulling down 7.3 rpg.
- Qudus Wahab (12.3 ppg) and Donald Carey (10.0 ppg) round out those in double figures, while Wahab is nearly averaging a double-double with a team-high 9.3 rpg.
- Wahab and Timothy Ighoefe each lead the defense with five blocks apiece, while Jalen Harris is pacing the offense with 7.0 apg.
SCOUTING COPPIN STATE
- Coppin State comes in at 0-3 on the season with losses to George Washington (85-69) and Drexel (69-54) last weekend as well as a 10-point loss to then-No. 9 Duke.
- The Eagles average 64.7 ppg, while allowing opponents to score 78.3 ppg and shoot 49.7 percent. On the glass, Coppin is pulling down 33.3 rpg while allowing 48.3 rpg.
- Anthony Tarke is leading CSU with 18.3 ppg and 8.3 rpg. DeJuan Clayton (13.7 ppg), Koby Thomas (10.7) and Domantas Sakickas (10.0) are also in double figures.
- Clayton has team highs of 10 assists and nine steals.
ABOUT THE MATCHUP
- The two teams have met just twice before, with the Hoyas winning both matchups.
- In the most recent meeting during the 2017-18 season, Jessie Govan led the Hoyas to a 76-60 win with 26 points and 16 rebounds while Marcus Derrickson and Pickett each added 13 points.
- In the first ever contest between the two schools in 2016, Georgetown scored 61 first half points on its way to a 96-44 victory. Rodney Pryor led 12 different scorers with 30 points, while Bradley Hayes scored 10 points. L.J. Peak had a career-high 10 assists, and Govan grabbed a career-high 11 rebounds.
- Overall, the Hoyas have a 61-0 all-time record against current teams from the MEAC and 6-0 under Head Coach Patrick Ewing.
Leave your witty (and non-witty) in-game comments here!