Your Fighting Hoyas of Georgetown host the Bird-brained Bluejays of Creighton. Make sure you have CBS Sports Network right now, or head out to your local watering hole.
When: Wednesday at 7:05
Where: Kente One Arena
Series: Creighton leads 8-6
Last Meeting: Creighton won 82-69 on 2/23/19
TV: CBSSN (Andrew Catalon, Steve Lappas, and Sherree Burruss )
Radio: The Team 980 (Rich Chvotkin)
KenPom Rankings: Creighton 36, Georgetown 47
KenPom Score Prediction: ?
NET Rankings: Creighton 27, Georgetown 52
Line: GU -3, 153 o/u
Georgetown Hosts No. 25/RV Creighton Wednesday at Capital One Arena
WASHINGTON – The Georgetown University men’s basketball team returns home to Capital One Arena to host No. 25/RV Creighton on Wednesday night in a BIG EAST Conference matchup. Tipoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. The Blue & Gray comes in at 11-6 overall on the year and 1-3 in the BIG EAST.
• Wednesday’s game will be broadcast on CBSSN with Andrew Catalon calling the play-by-play, Steve Lappas providing analysis and Sherree Burruss reporting from the sideline.
• The game can be heard locally on The Team 980 radio station with Rich Chvotkin in his 46th season on the call.• Links to the live stats will be available at GUHoyas.com.
LAST TIME OUT
• Georgetown dropped an 80-66 decision to No. 16/16 Villanova on Saturday afternoon at Wells Fargo Center in a BIG EAST Conference matchup.
• Qudus Wahab led four in double figures with a career-best 13 points on 6-for-7 shooting while chipping in four rebounds and one assist in 14 minutes off the bench.
• Jamorko Pickett added 12 points and six rebounds. Terrell Allen and Omer Yurtseven each had 10 points apiece and Yurtseven added a team-best seven boards.
• Allen and Mac McClung paced the offense with six and five assists, respectively.
• Georgetown shot 44.1 percent (26-59) and forced 11 Villanova turnovers while committing just eight on the day.
ABOUT THE HOYAS
• GU leads the BIG EAST in scoring (78.8 ppg) and is averaging 82.4 ppg at Capital One Arena.
• Yurtseven leads the Hoyas with 16.5 ppg and 9.7 rpg, which both rank among the top five in the conference. McClung is second on the team in scoring with 15.9 ppg.
• Jahvon Blair is among Georgetown’s career top 25 in 3-pointers made as his 108 career treys is 20th all-time. Mosely has 291 career assists, which is 23rd on GU’s career list.
• Creighton enters Wednesday ranked 25th in this week’s AP Poll with a 13-4 overall record and a 2-2 mark in BIG EAST play.
• The Bluejays are averaging 77.1 ppg, ranking second in the BIG EAST behind the Hoyas, and allow 68.1 ppg.
• Marcus Zegarowski is third in the conference with 17.1 ppg. Ty-Shon Alexander (16.0), Mitch Ballock (12.6) and Denzel Mahoney (10.6) are also in double figures.
• Alexander is grabbing a team-high 6.1 rpg while Zegarowski leads with 81 assists.
ABOUT THE MATCHUP
• Wednesday will be the 15th all-time meeting between the Hoyas and Bluejays, with Creighton holding an 8-6 series advantage. All but one of the matchups have come since Creighton joined the BIG EAST prior to the 2013-14 season.
• Last season, the Hoyas lost twice to the Bluejays, falling 91-87 at home and 82-69 in Omaha.
• Mac McClung finished with 10 points in the matchup at Capital One Arena, while Jahvon Blair scored 16 points off the bench in the road matchup...
Leave your witty but mostly non-witty comment here!
HOYA SAXA and stuff!