It is now Sunday, April 2nd, 11 days since Georgetown fired John Thompson III and embarked on the search for a new head coach.
So, where are we?
What We Know:
- Shaka Smart was the school’s #1 target.
- Shaka Smart indicated to Georgetown at some point that his preference was to remain at Texas.
- There are people at Georgetown that like Tommy Amaker.
- John Thompson, Jr. is one of these people.
- David Falk is Amaker’s agent.
- As of right now, it is up to Tommy Amaker to decide whether he wants to be the next head coach of Georgetown.
- If Amaker says no, it won’t be because of anything having to do with the school.
- As of yesterday, Danny Hurley, Tom Crean, and Jamion Christian had not been contacted about the position.
What We Don’t Know:
- Who else the school has reached out to.
- Where Georgetown will turn if Amaker decides to stay at Harvard.
What We’d Like to Think:
- Tagliabue has reached out to Frank Martin’s agent.
- Tagliabue has reached out to anyone else’s agent.
Light Sunday reading:
Light Sunday listening:
Ben Standig and I bore you to tears dropping our collective lack of knowledge as to what the hell is happening with this search.
Are we having fun yet?