It’s Selection Sunday! Oh boy! For the third time in four years, the Hoyas are out of the conversation. Ain’t life grand? You can pretend that you don’t care about the NCAA Tournament or say that you’ve got something more important to do this afternoon, but the siren call of March basketball persists. This is the place to vent when it takes two hours to reveal a bracket that may leak on the internet before the announcement even begins.
Some important questions to consider as you watch:
- How long will it take Charles Barkley to learn to use a touchscreen?
- 70% of the Big East could be in. Which teams survive to the second weekend?
- When Syracuse is announced as a member of the Field of 68, should the response begin with weeping, gnashing of teeth, or rending of garments?
- What did you have for lunch today?
- Would the committee really put an 8-loss team on the 1-line? (Cough, Duke, Cough.)
- St. Patrick’s Day will be on a Friday. Does this impact your plans?
If you’re into bracketology, predictions, and generally avoiding ESPN at all costs, check out what Chris Dobbertean has to say over on SBNation’s Blogging the Bracket. Once the field is set, make sure to join the Casual Bracket Challenge so that you can win and prove your basketball-picking superiority.
Away we go...