The Hoyas and Terps are set to rekindle the local rivalry on November 17th at 9pm on ESPN2 as part of ESPN's 8th Annual College Hoops Tipoff Marathon. The announcement has media types in a tizzy since the tip of the Hoyas-Terps game on ESPN2 will occur at the same time as the Kentucky-Duke game is being played on ESPN.
Do you care?
ESPN's eighth annual College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon will feature 16 men's and women's college basketball games beginning on Monday, Nov. 16 and continuing Tuesday, Nov. 17, across ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU bringing more than 24 hours of game action to mark the start of the 2015-16 season. The schedule includes 15 men's games and a top-25 women's matchup concluding with the fifth annual State Farm Champions Classic from the United Center in Chicago.
The neutral-site, early-season men's doubleheader that matches four of the winningest programs against each other begins with College GameDay Covered by State Farm from inside the arena at 7 p.m. ET, followed by preseason-ranked No. 3 Kentucky vs. No. 6 Duke at 7:30 p.m. and No. 5 Kansas vs. No. 19 Michigan State at 10 p.m. - all on ESPN. College Football Playoff: Top 25 - ESPN's exclusive reveal of the College Football Playoff weekly rankings - will air from the United Center between games with host Rece Davis and analyst Kirk Herbstreit onsite.
ESPN2's Marathon schedule will include 10 games tipping off about every two hours beginning Monday with a quadruple header at 5:30 p.m. featuring three-time defending national champion Connecticut women. ESPN's schedule of five consecutive games starts at 1 p.m. on Tuesday and concludes with the State Farm Champions Classic. ESPN2 will also televise a Tuesday men's primetime game featuring top-ranked Maryland at 9 p.m.
- Ten teams in the com men's preseason top 25 poll are playing in this year's Marathon, including the State Farm Champions Classic field.
- 5 Virginia travels to George Washington to open the men's games on Monday at 7:30 p.m. on ESPN2.
- 22 LSU and top-ranked incoming freshman Ben Simmons face Kennesaw State on Monday at 9 p.m. on ESPNU as part of the Legends Classic early-round games.
- 13 Utah hosts San Diego State at 9:30 p.m., followed by No. 17 Baylor traveling to Oregon at 11:30 p.m. - both on ESPN2.
- Top-ranked Maryland concludes ESPN2's coverage at 9 p.m. on Tuesday, hosting Georgetown with the local rivals playing for the first time since 2008.
- 10 Oklahoma at Memphis precedes Tuesday's Champions Classic at 5 p.m. on ESPN.