What better way for we here at THE GLOBAL PHENOMENON to pay tribute to the greatest band on the planet than by memorializing it in our epic Casual Headband Summer Series! We have received quite a few entries from Bruce shows since the Wrecking Ball tour kicked off in March, and below are a sampling of some of the more casual ones from the Chicago, New Orleans, London and New Jersey shows.
Grab your ticket and your suitcase
As you're reading this, I'm at 36,000 feet in a very sturdy and (hopefully) on time US Airways flight heading to DC for the Bruce show tonight at Nats Park, so if you're planning on going and want to meet up for some casual Bruce beers, feel free to hit me up at firstname.lastname@example.org or @casualhoya.
More Bruce pics and video after The Jump:
Thunder's rolling down this track
Well you don't know where you're going now
But you know you won't be back
Well darlin' if you're weary
Lay your head upon my chest
We'll take what we can carry
Yeah, and we'll leave behind the rest.
Well, big wheels rolling through the fields
Where sunlight streams
Meet me in a land of hope and dreams
Springsteen joined on stage by Paul McCartney in London
Ultimate Bruce fan at Wrigley Field rocking to Dancing In The Dark
Casual Headband submissions have been flowing in from all corners of the earth, and we'll be unloading our casual coffers over the next few weeks with the Tournament to determine the ultimate winner coming in October. As a reminder to those that have yet to play in our wicked game, to enter the 2012 Casual Headbands Summer Series Contest, all you have to do is follow the following simple steps:
1) Take thine Casual Swag and descend upon all corners of the Earth.
2) Document your travels with casual pictures (cell phone pics work) of Casual Swag in front of a casual landmark or location. If you do not have Casual Swag*, get creative! Write the word 'casual' on something print a copy of the home page of this site to use for documentation, do whatever you want.
3) Send the documentation to us at email@example.com
* More Casual Swag will be available during the season. Leave me alone, dammit.
That's it! You'll be automatically entered to win a treasure trove of wonderful prizes, all courtesy of America's Most-Read Georgetown Hoyas Website. Your Casual documentation will be displayed RIGHT HERE, and the ultimate champion will once again be selected by your vote. Prizes already secured from various generous donors include:
1) tickets to Hoyas games (including and likely limited to the definitely guaranteed sold out home game against Longwood!);
2) a DRINK FOR FREE ON CASUAL'S TAB during the 4th Annual Casual Extravaganza ("CX4") next season AFTER THE SYRACUSE GAME ON MARCH 9TH which may or may not include special guest stars Allen Iverson and mermaids in a dunk tank;
3) invaluable shares of Facebook stock;
4) an Orange urinal;
5) the basketball court at the new Georgetown athletic facility to be completed in the year 2080 named in your honor.
is was your time.
The Casual Swag is your seed.
Go Forth and Keep it Casual.