This week's entry in The Internet's Greatest Feature takes us to scenic Baltimore, Maryland and the 33rd National Sports Collectors Convention! The Convention, otherwise known as Dork Mecca, featured a number of interesting items of sports memorabilia and astonishingly, no chicks. Thankfully two dedicated Casualties made the trek this year and, naturally, brought some casual swag with them to document accordingly.
What's inside after The Jump:
Look, it's an autographed RG3 helmet for $249! Hail to the Redskins! Fight for DC!
(Note: It's awesome that Calvin Johnson apparently adds the word 'Megatron' next to his signature)
Primetime! This is a steal at $189.
Boooooo! Unclear why a picture of the garbage can was taken.
Belt included with purchase of robe
Might purchase one of these boxing robes to wear to my upcoming fantasy football draft.
I will always love you, Whitney. Who wouldn't want this in his or her office?
Awesome. That 6-man tag team event with Magnificent Muraco was probably the tits. Note what appears to be a cast-signed poster of Pulp Fiction above, including the underlined signature of Eric Stoltz.
It's Daisy from Rock of Love! This would make an amazeballs Hanukkah gift.
Patrick Ewing! Hooray!
Casual Headband submissions have been flowing in from all corners of the earth, and we'll be unloading our casual coffers over the next few weeks with the Tournament to determine the ultimate winner coming in October. As a reminder to those that have yet to play in our wicked game, to enter the 2012 Casual Headbands Summer Series Contest, all you have to do is follow the following simple steps:
1) Take thine Casual Swag and descend upon all corners of the Earth.
2) Document your travels with casual pictures (cell phone pics work) of Casual Swag in front of a casual landmark or location. If you do not have Casual Swag*, get creative! Write the word 'casual' on something print a copy of the home page of this site to use for documentation, do whatever you want.
3) Send the documentation to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* More Casual Swag will be available during the season. Leave me alone, dammit.
That's it! You'll be automatically entered to win a treasure trove of wonderful prizes, all courtesy of America's Most-Read Georgetown Hoyas Website. Your Casual documentation will be displayed RIGHT HERE, and the ultimate champion will once again be selected by your vote. Prizes already secured from various generous donors include:
1) tickets to Hoyas games (including and likely limited to the definitely guaranteed sold out home game against Longwood!);
2) a DRINK FOR FREE ON CASUAL'S TAB during the 4th Annual Casual Extravaganza ("CX4") next season AFTER THE SYRACUSE GAME ON MARCH 9TH which may or may not include special guest stars Allen Iverson and mermaids in a dunk tank;
3) invaluable shares of Facebook stock;
4) an Orange urinal;
5) the basketball court at the new Georgetown athletic facility to be completed in the year 2080 named in your honor.
The summer is your time.
The Casual Swag is your seed.
Go Forth and Keep it Casual.