Welcome back to Big East ball folks. Every game, no matter the location or opponent is a battle. Georgetown saw a 20 point effort from Austin Freeman but it wasn't enough to overcome the Golden Eagles, who after losing to Villanova and West Virginia by a total of three points, hit twelve three pointers en route to their first conference victory. Many questions will be asked by Hoya fans:
- Why can't we take care of the ball?
- Why didn't we call a timeout to set up a play with ten seconds left?
- What would have happened if Lazar Hayward didn't grab that crucial offensive rebound with a minute to go?
- Why did Greg Monroe only take six shots?
- What did David Cubillan smoke/snort/inject before the game to go 6-6 from beyond the arc, doubling his career high in threes?
- Is this a sign to come for future games?
Unfortunately, not enough time to dwell on the questions as a huge match up with Connecticut is less than three days way.
Bad loss? No, hard to beat a team that shoots nearly 50% from downtown. But we had every opportunity to pull this one out.