I have been getting comments about my lack of enthusiasm regarding Greg Monroe. Let me very clear where I stand.
- Good free throw shooting continued, especially from starting five
- Took care of ball, assist to turnover ratio over 1.5 for first time since semi-final of BET
- Double digits in steals for first time since last February
- Sharing the ball very well, four out of five starting players ended with double digit points for first time since last February
- Leading scores were Monroe, Wright and Freeman – all underclassman, bodes well for future
- Three point percentage was still not very impressive, although starting lineup fared much better than Game 1
- We have no one coming off of the bench. Going to be particularly important come Big East time and when
- Piss-poor rebounding, will be Achilles’ heel of this team
- Vaughn – injured? We desperately need him coming off the bench
- The only explicable reason for Wattad getting in the game again is that JTIII is writing his playing time off as a charitable donation for tax purposes
The Summers – Bowman comparison grows stronger. This is Summers’ junior year, supposed to be team leader and impress NBA scouts. New freshman comes in and steals the show. To compensate, Summer shoots the ball every time he get its and commits stupid, head scratching fouls. Remind anyone of ’04-’05?
Still feel the same about this season’s prospects as I did after
Side Note: Good job recruiting Boehiem, grade-A program you are running over there. Stay classy
Special shout out to the Hutchinsons of Annapolis, MD. Way to host your wedding reception at the Green Turtle, the dive bar on the corner of F and 6th. Where was the wedding, Chuck E Cheese?
Big test this weekend, lets see how the team does against its first real competition.
Have a good Thanksgiving.