is will be an open seat next to me, Ms. Judd. (Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)
Andy Katz is reporting that Kentucky and Georgetown are likely to meet this upcoming season as part of the Big East-SEC Challenge. He states:
The Big East still has to decide if 14 schools will participate in the Big East-SEC Challenge instead of 12. Based on conversations with multiple sources, the highest-profile game that could occur is Kentucky at Georgetown. I wouldn't be surprised to see Louisville at Florida, Marquette at Missouri, and Tennessee at Notre Dame. But those last four appear to be more speculation at this point. The most likely matchup is UK-GU.
After the San Diego State / Midway Carrier debacle, I am hesitant to get too excited about a supposed game. Georgetown gets last dibs on prime Verizon Center spots after the Wizards, Capitals, and Jonas Brothers. But since there is nothing else to write about, I shall indeed throw caution to the wind and pretend like this game has been etched in stone.
This is huge news on many levels:
- We finally got the marquee OOC home game we were lacking last year.
- This year's schedule is shaping up to be a doozy, in typical JT3 style. We have a confirmed matchup against Texas in the Jimmy V Classic, as well as games against two teams from Legends Classic host squad which includes Indiana, UCLA, and Georgia.
- The last time we played the defending national champion was this past season when we whupped Connecticut 58-44. Just sayin'.
- The last time we played against a John Calipari led team we won (Memphis in '08-'09).
- Some business about some player named Nerlens Noel.
- There will be a pie-throwing booth seated by our best friend Pete Thamel at halftime (working out the details).
Who would you like to see dunk on Nerlens Noel?
Jabril Trawick (158 votes)
Bradley Hayes (61 votes)
John Caprio (173 votes)
Otto Porter (159 votes)
Greg Whittington (47 votes)
Nate Lubick (142 votes)
740 total votes