Championship rolls on with 3 new conference tournaments kicking off. Other tournaments move on getting closer and closer to their championship games the first of which will be played tomorrow.
The most important game of the night is Notre Dame vs. Providence. It has serious effects for Georgetown gaining a Double Bye. Remember Georgetown can still secure a double bye even with a loss to Marquette if 2 out of 3 ND, Cincinnati, or USF lose.
Providence @ Notre Dame 7pm MASN/ ESPN3
Continue reading for a breakdown of the rest of tonight's action
Atlantic Sun Semi Finals:
- 1 Seed Belmont vs. 4 Seed East Tennessee St 6pm ESPN3
- 2 Seed Mercer vs. 6 Seed Florida Gulf Coast 8:30pm ESPN3
This is a 1 bid conference so the Drama is always higher as everyone is playing with their tournament lives on the line. Belmont is the class of the conference the Only upset so far has been Florida Gulf Coast upsetting the 3 seed USC Upstate.
Ohio Valley Conference Semi Finals:
- 1 seed Murray State vs. 4 seed Tennessee Tech 7pm ESPNU
- 2 seed Tennessee State vs. 3 seed Morehead State 9pm ESPN3
Murray State has locked up a bid already so anyone else winning means 1 less bid for the bubble teams out there. Tennessee St is the only team this year that has beaten Murray St.
West Coast Conference Quarter Finals:
- 4 seed Loyola Marymount vs. 5 seed San Fransisco 9pm ESPNU
- 3 seed BYU vs. 6 seed San Diego 11pm ESPNU
The big boys of the WCC St. Mary's and Gonzaga have a bye to the Semis. BYU is a bubble team.
Missouri Valley Conference Quarter Finals:
- 1 seed Wichita St defeated 8 seed Indiana St earlier today 72-48
- 4 seed Illinois St defeated 5 seed University of Northern Iowa earlier today 54-42
- 2 seed Creighton vs. 7 seed Drake 7:05pm ESPN3
- 3 seed Evansville vs. 6 seed Missouri St 9:35pm ESPN3
Arch Madness as it is known for it being played in St. Louis is in full effect today. This is one of the better mid major conferences so the action is worth checking out.
Horizon Conference Quarter Finals:
- 3 Seed Detroit vs. 6 seed Youngstown State 6pm ESPN3
- 4 seed Milwaukee vs. 5 see Butler 8:30pm ESPN3
Can Butler make a 3rd straight miracle NCAA run? Not unless they win the Horizon Tournament. The Bulldogs are getting hot at the right time again though winning 6 of their last 7.
Colonial Athletic Association 1st round:
- 9 seed UNC-Wilmington upset 8 seed James Madison in the morning game 70-59
- 5 seed Delaware knocked off 12 seed and 1 win Towson this afternoon 72-65
- 7 seed Northeastern vs. 10 seed William & Mary 6pm
- 6 seed Georgia St vs. 11 seed Hofstra 8:30pm
Lots of Local teams. The big boys don't play till the quarter finals. Another good mid major league could send as many as 3 teams to the tournament.
Southern Conference Tournament 1st round
- North 5 seed Appalachian State upset South 4 seed College of Charleston 93-81 this morning
- North 3 seed Western Carolina beat South 6 seed Citadel this afternoon
- North 4 seed Samford vs. South 5 seed Furman 6pm
- South 3 seed Georgia Southern vs. North 6 seed Chattanooga 8:30pm
Chattanooga and star Omar Wattad probably do not have much of a shot of winning this tournament but it'd be nice for them to win this game to make it to one that gets on TV so Hoya fans can get Wattaded one last time.
Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Tournament 1st round
- 8 seed Marist vs. 9 seed St. Peters
- 7 seed Niagara vs. 10 seed Canisius
Some of the best mascots are represented in the MAAC: Golden Griffins, Peacocks, Purple Eagles, and Red Foxes all in action tonight.