To ski or not to ski, that is the question.
TGIF and welcome to another Casual Headbands Summer Series Friday! Today, we travel to the wondrous Alps of Switzerland, where a group of fearless Hoyas braved the elevation and freezing temperatures to go skiing! Word is that these pics were taken at the very same time as the Hoyas were losing to N.C. State in the NCAA Tournament, so other than offering a view as to what the Alps looked like on March 18, 2012, it also begs the question as to why the hell would anyone go to Switzerland during the Dance! In hindsight I guess, it was the right move.
Handcrafted wood railing accent the skil lifts and THE SWISS ALPS in the background
Did you know?:
The north side of the Swiss Alps is drained by the Rhone, Rhine and Inn river (which is part of the Danube basin) while the south side is mainly drained by the Ticino river (Po basin). The rivers on the north empty into the Mediterranean, North and Black Sea, on the south the Po empty in the Adriatic Sea. The major triple watersheds in the Alps are located within the country, they are: Piz Lunghin, Witenwasserenstock and Monte Forcola. Between the Witenwasserenstock and Piz Lunghin runs the European Watershed separating the basin of the Atlantic (North Sea) and the Mediterranean Sea (Adriatic and Black Sea). The European watershed lies in fact only partially on the main chain. Switzerland possesses 6% of Europe's fresh water, and is sometimes referred to as the "water tower of Europe".
Didn't think so!
A room with a view
Casual Headband is not afraid of heights
Casual Headband submissions have been flowing in from all corners of the earth, and we'll be unloading our casual coffers over the course of the season with the Tournament to determine the ultimate winner coming whenever we feel like it. As a reminder to those that have yet to play in our wicked game, to enter the 2012 Casual Headbands Summer Series Contest, all you have to do is follow the following simple steps:
1) Take thine Casual Swag and descend upon all corners of the Earth.
2) Document your travels with casual pictures (cell phone pics work) of Casual Swag in front of a casual landmark or location. If you do not have Casual Swag*, get creative! Write the word 'casual' on something, print a copy of the home page of this site to use for documentation, do whatever you want.
3) Send the documentation to us at email@example.com
* More Casual Swag will be available during the season. Leave me alone, dammit.
That's it! You'll be automatically entered to win a treasure trove of wonderful prizes, all courtesy of America's Most-Read Georgetown Hoyas Website. Your Casual documentation will be displayed RIGHT HERE, and the ultimate champion will once again be selected by your vote. Prizes already secured from various generous donors include:
1) tickets to Hoyas games (including and likely limited to the definitely guaranteed sold out home game against Longwood!);
2) a DRINK FOR FREE ON CASUAL'S TAB during the 4th Annual Casual Extravaganza ("CX4") next season AFTER THE SYRACUSE GAME ON MARCH 9TH which may or may not include special guest stars Allen Iverson and mermaids in a dunk tank;
3) invaluable shares of Facebook stock;
4) an Orange urinal;
5) the basketball court at the new Georgetown athletic facility to be completed in the year 2080 named in your honor.
is was your time.
The Casual Swag is your seed.
Go Forth and Keep it Casual.