Though the official announcement isn't until 5pm, according to Coast to Coast Recruiting Robert Upshaw, a 7-foot center prospect from California, will choose Kansas State over Georgetown, Louisville, and his hometown school Fresno State. Upshaw, considered a raw and still growing prospect with the chance to blossom into a powerful big man, was ranked 49th by ESPN and the 10th best center recruit in the 2012 class.
The commitment of Upshaw would have fortified a thinning front line for the Hoyas, but alas Upshaw chose not to become the latest 7-footer to attend Big Man U and instead will enjoy his college years in scenic Manhattan, Kansas. It's unclear how Upshaw was unswayed by the Georgetown staff's water into wine performance on Saturday afternoon when Henry Sims notched 19 points, 6 boards, 5 assists, and three blocks.
(More After the Jump)
The Class of 2012 remains as follows:
- D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera – G – 6'3'' – 215lbs
- Brandon Bolden – F – 6'9'' – 195lbs
While there are remaining targets for the 2012 recruiting class like swingman Devonta Pollard, big man Tony Parker, and wing Andrew White, it is increasingly looking like JT3 will hold onto his remaining '12 scholarship and save it to use for a star-studded group of recruits Thompson is pursuing in the Class of 2013. Georgetown has two scholarships available for the 2013 season.
- Troy Williams – G/F – 6'6'' – 190lbs (#8 in ESPN's Class of 2013)
- Kennedy Meeks– C – 6'8'' -- 260lbs (#29 in ESPN's Class of 2013)
- Josh Hart - G - 6'3'' - 190lbs (NR in ESPN's Class of 2013)
- Beejay Anya - F/C - 6'8'' - 250lbs (#37 in ESPN's Class of 2013)
- Allerik Freeman - G - 6'4'' - 210lbs (#9 in ESPN's Class of 2013)
- Tyler Ennis - G - 6'2'' - 180lbs (#56 in ESPN's Class of 2013)