Out of sheer boredom, I decided to create a post where people can make whatever bold predictions about the Hoyas they would like, even if such predictions are utterly nutto.
Here are mine:
1. The Hoyas get Rakeem Christmas- on twitter he lists Georgetown first in response to the question of which schools are his top schools, he has recently been tweeting with Nate Lubick, and he had good things to say about David Cox.
2. Julian Vaughn will be third team All-Big East- Without Monroe, Vaughn receives a whole lot more minutes as well as shot attempts. He'll average 12 pts, 8 rebounds, and 2 blocked shots.
3. Hollis Thompson will average double figures scoring. He started to really emerge towards the end of this season, and next year's probable spot in the starting lineup will free the way for him to have a regular offensive role.
4. Chris Wright will be first team All-Big East- no Monroe means (for better or worse) Lumpy is the leader of this team. Another year will mean more consistency from him, an improved perimeter shot and more points per game.
5. Austin Freeman will have a worse year- Austin pretty much dominated this year as a winger, really benefiting from 1. teams keying on Greg Monroe and 2. getting fed the ball from Chris Wright. With the emergence of Hollis & the departure of Monroe, Austin will get less shots from the wing and he'll be less open on those shots. In order to bolster the team's defense and height, JT3 will also have to give some of Austin's playing time to Hollis, Lubick and Moses. I could see Austin's scoring average dipping.